March 10, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook Review


Silver Linings Playbook is a 21st century American romantic comedy-drama film adapted from a novel by Matthew Quick.  It is based on a man, Pat Solitano played by Bradley Cooper who has bipolar disorder.  He has lost his house, his job, and his wife, and is living back with his parents, played by Jacki Weaver and Robert DeNiro, after being released from a psychiatric hospital.  Pat is determined to rebuild his life, try to find the silver lining, remaining positive and trying to reconcile with his wife.  He meets Tiffany, played by Jennifer Lawrence, a recently-widowed sex addict who makes a deal with him.  They both became closer, forming a bond.


The movie is pretty successful receiving 8 Academy Award nominations, achieving 4 Golden Glove Award nominations, with Lawrence tripping on her way up to collect her award after winning Best Actress; 3 BAFTA nominations, with David Russell winning for Best Adapted Screenplay; 4 Screen Actors Guild nominations, winning in 4 categories including Best Film and Best Actress.

Let's see what did I like about this film.  I was told that it was awesome by my good friend, Mik so I had to check it out.  My Mum also told me to check it out since they won some awards as evidently stated above, they won a lot of awards.  

So, let's start, for a romantic comedy fan that I am, I find this movie average.  I mean it isn't bad, just average.  I did not feel the movie much.  I liked the Christmas touch to it during the dance competition and when I saw DeNiro, the first thing that came to my mind was Meet the Fockers.  This movie had a very strong cast and it is a wonderful film with its peculiar romance and where almost every character in the movie has a twist to them.  For example, DeNiro had OCD and other characters had their quirks. 

In general, I would recommend this movie for viewing cause it is a good movie with a great cast.  

The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier - Pat

.
Related Articles:

  • http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/blogs/get-flickd/45-stars--silver-linings-playbook-20130218-2emqj.html
  • http://www.thevine.com.au/entertainment/movie-reviews/silver-linings-playbook-movie-review/
  • http://www.joreviews.com/blog/2012/11/21/silver-linings-playbook-movie-review/


No comments:

Post a Comment