August 18, 2012

Parents

Do you know how important are your parents in your life?
Parents are the people that are taken for granted most of the time, they have been there almost all your life taking care of you, making sure that you have a roof over your head, food to eat and and clean water to drink, the 3 necessities in life.  Well, of course not all parents are like that and so on but I'm talking abour people who have parents like that.  I am one of them.

I believe I have kind of taken my parents for granted.  I expect them to be there, to take care of me and make sure I am well and all that was when I was living with them of course.  My one wish was to move away, and my option was to study abroad.  Of course, studying abroad was not to just get away from my family, but it was cause I wanted to see the world and not forever be in Subang Jaya.  I wanted to see the world by myself and experience things on my own as well as to be independent.  My parents worked hard for that wish of mine as almost every Chinese parent, want their child to be well educated and get the best education that they can provide for them no matter how hard it is for them.

By some luck of mine, I came to Australia, Wollongong to be exact.  I didn't get homesick, didn't feel sad as it was all a new experience for me.  I was away from home, I was free finally.  Time passed, I thought I was doing good but little did I know, slowly, things would change and I would be faced with challenges, obstacles and decisions.  All which I had to go through pretty much on my own.  Did it all shape me for who I am? Yes it did.  I was really lucky as well to have supports from friends.  But for me, to be here writing this would be thanks to my parents.

They have worked hard, and I would not say I deserve wonderful parents like mine but I would say that I am very thankful to have them as my parents.  They only want what is best for me and have always tried to be there for me.  They might not have been the most affectionate parents but they love me for who I am and are always trying to look out for me.  I wish I could repay them in future for all that they have done for me by taking care of them in future as they have taken care of me while I was growing up.  I love my parents dearly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment